Add chocolate chips to Robin Hood® Gluten Free Banana Flavoured Quick Bread Mix and watch as your family flocks to the kitchen to indulge. These cupcakes will be devoured faster than you can make them!
Prep Time: 5 minutes cupcakes, 10 minutes icing, decorating time.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
1 pkg (396 g) Robin Hood® Gluten Free Banana Flavoured Quick Bread Mix
1 cup (250 mL) unflavoured yogurt
¼ cup (50 mL) Crisco® Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
½ cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened
2 oz (56 g) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
4 cups (1 L) icing sugar
1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
Tools: large mixing bowl, medium mixing bowl hand held electric or stand electric mixer, pastry bag, pastry tip, hand held whisk or wooden spoon, liquid measuring cup, dry measuring cup, measuring spoons, 12 cup muffin pan, 12 paper liners, wire cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine Gluten Free Banana Flavoured Quick Bread Mix, yogurt, oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Stir until mixture is evenly moistened and combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven 23 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire cooling rack.
- Icing: Cream butter and cooled, melted chocolate. Add 2 cups (500 mL) of icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add milk and vanilla. Beat in remaining icing sugar gradually. Blend well. Ice cupcakes as desired.
Follow the Recipe. When you make the recipe for the first time, follow it to a tee. Once you’re familiar with the recipe, let your kids use their imagination and experiment with sprinkles, colouring, icing and more.
*Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.
About the Author
Robin Hood® has come a long way since 1909 and the days of selling flour in wooden barrels. Our philosophy has always stayed the same: we're sensitive to changing needs and lifestyles, so that we can help you bake better. That’s why we’re happy to bring you a gluten free product you’ll really love. From Canada’s most trusted baking brand¹, enjoy gluten free baking, the Robin Hood way.More Content by Robin Hood Baking
¹Voted most trusted Baking brand by Canadian shoppers based on the 2015 BrandSpark Canadian Shopper Study