Who says you can't have lasagne for dessert? I created the recipe Cinnamon-Sugar Lasagne Crisps as part of a Catelli Blogger Challenge. The challenge is to create an original recipe which reinvents lasagne and celebrate the launch of Catelli Gluten Free Lasagne.
I had a ton of fun developing this recipe and I am thrilled with how it turned out. It's clear my family must be too- because they devoured the Cinnamon Sugar Lasagne Crisps! Served warm, these are a delightful and cozy little snack. I can't wait to make more!
- Produced in a dedicated gluten-free facility
- Certified by the Canadian Celiac Association's Gluten-Free Certification Program
- GMO Free
- Cholesterol and preservative free
- Low in sodium
- Oven ready (no need to boil noodles)
You know I love sharing giveaways with you guys right?
Catelli is giving away one case (12 boxes) of their gluten free lasagne to a lucky Gluten Free Doll reader!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Keep scrolling for the Cinnamon-Sugar Lasagne Crisps recipe
Cinnamon Sugar Lasagne Crisps
1 box Catelli Gluten-Free Lasagne
1 pinch of salt
1 cup cinnamon sugar
1. Fill large pot with water and a pinch of salt. Place on med/high heat and bring to boil
2. Break lasagne noodles into halves
3. Place noodles in water once it has reached a roaring boil
4. Boil for about 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally
5. Remove noodles from water and place on parchment paper
6. Let noodles dry for about 30 minutes
7. Once noodles are no longer soaking wet, add about 2 inches of oil to a large pot and set to med/high heat
8. Oil is ready for frying when a small cube of gluten-free bread browns in 60 seconds
9. Place noodles in oil, a few at a time to prevent crowding
10. Fry until noodles are golden brown then remove from oil and place on parchment paper
11. Dust noodles with liberal coating cinnamon sugar
12. Serve warm with frosting
2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
¼ cup cream cheese
1 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Place 2 cups of icing sugar in mixing bowl
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add to icing sugar, along with 2 tablespoons of milk and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
3. Melt ¼ cup of cream cheese and add to mixture
4. Whisk ingredients until they develop a smooth and creamy consistency
About the Author
I'm Sandra and I write about my real life experiences in a sometimes not so Celiac friendly world.This includes those everyday adventures that coincide with being gluten-free. I also openly share all those ups and downs that come with living life free from gluten. Read more articles on my siteFollow on Twitter More Content by Gluten Free Doll