My Gluten-Free Cinnamon Cookie recipe was just featured on GustoTV.com. A favourite of mine, I want to share the recipe with you.
For me, less is always more. My kinda treat for the holiday season is a simple, soft, chewy and moist cookie. Not too sweet. With a cup of hot tea. Mmm, love at first bite.
It’s gotta be a sin not to love the simplicity and benefits of cinnamon. It’s been shown to lower blood sugar and bad cholesterol levels. Cinnamon also has an anti-clotting effect on blood and can even help ease arthritis pain! Never underestimate the power of food.
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon (ground)
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup dairy-free milk
pinch Himalayan rock salt
1 ½ cups of bean-based gluten-free flour blend (one that includes a thickening gum)
This recipe also works with 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips instead of raisins.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine apple cider, raisins, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, oil, vanilla extract, sea salt and hemp milk in a large mixing bowl and mix with a spoon.
3. Combine and mix ingredients well until sugar is dissolved. If you choose to use a mixer, avoid adding the raisins until after the flour is mixed.
4. Gradually add gluten-free flour and mix well with other ingredients until completely combined and your mixture looks like cookie dough.
5. Spoon 1 teaspoon of dough and roll into small balls. Place on parchment paper lined cookie tray, spacing each cookie ball approximately 5 cm apart.
6. Repeat step 5 until all dough is used.
7. With a fork, flatten each cookie ball to make each cookie about 1 cm thick.
8. Put cookie tray in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
9. Allow cookies to cool.
Yield: 12 cookies.