The cold weather is here to stay, bringing with it the longing for comfort food. I have created the recipe below, as part of the Hidden Valley Gluten Free Challenge. These Stuffed Tomato Boats With A Kick, are a great addition to any meal. They are also a perfect little snack, which will warm you right up.
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 Cup Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Dressing
- 1 Tbsp gluten free apple butter BBQ sauce
- 1/4 Cup crumbled, already cooked bacon
- 1/4 Cup diced green onion
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/3 Cup grated, Marble cheese
- Shredded lettuce to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 Tsp of Olive Oil in a pan, over medium heat. Add chicken to pan and cook each side for approximately 10 minutes. Chicken should no longer be pink. You can use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken has safely cooked to an internal temperature of 165F-170F.
- Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Hold chicken steady with one fork and use another to pull or tear the chicken apart.
- Add Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch, gluten free apple butter BBQ sauce, crumbled bacon and green onion to the shredded chicken. Stir ingredients together until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the pulp and juices of tomatoes. Fill tomatoes with chicken mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Add cheese to top of the now filled tomatoes
- Bake for 15 minutes. Tomato skins will be blistering slightly when done.
- When tomatoes are finished baking, top each with a spoonful of sour cream. Place shredded lettuce (as little or as much as you like) on top to complete dish and serve.
About the Author
I'm Sandra and I write about my real life experiences in a sometimes not so Celiac friendly world.This includes those everyday adventures that coincide with being gluten-free. I also openly share all those ups and downs that come with living life free from gluten. Read more articles on my siteFollow on Twitter More Content by Gluten Free Doll