Check out the tips below, to ensure that you have a magical quick service experience.
10 Tips For A Magical Quick Service Experience
1) Be Prepared
- Contact Disney's Special Diets team to get a reference list of what gluten free and other dietary items are available and where to find them in the world.
- Plan your meals in advance.
- Visit Disney's dining page to become familiar with dining options such as price point, theme and cuisine type.
2) Time It Wisely
- Dining at non traditional times will help you avoid the meal time rush. Try having lunch before 11:30 am and dinner somewhere around 4:00 pm or 7:00 pm.
- Special dietary meals can take an extra 10-15 minutes to prepare, so order these first.
3) Try Something New
- Epcot is a great place to be adventurous. With eleven different countries providing Quick Service fare, you can pretty much eat your way around the World here.
- Want a French inspired meal, with a Table Service feel? Try Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom. This Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant offers Quick Service dining at lunch time. It also commands long lines, so try to get a Fast Pass, if you can.
4) Variety, The Key To Happiness
- Look for locations which offer a wide range of food choices. My personal favourites include Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Magic Kingdom) and Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation).
- Landscape of Flavors has several stations which provide both international and American style food. I love how fresh everything is here! You actually get to see your meal being made, fresh. Another plus to this Quick Service location, is the personal customization available for many dishes.
5) Sit Back And Relax
- Take time to slow down. Enjoy your meal, along with the beautiful Disney atmosphere. Not only will you feel refreshed, you will have a new found appreciation for the detail which surrounds you. Your feet will thank you for the extra down time as well.
6) Know Before You Go
- Familiarize yourself with the open and close times Quick Service locations. Operating times vary throughout the parks and resorts.This is especially important during the off season.
- Pepper Market in the Coronado Springs hotel automatically adds a 10% gratuity, even though it is a Quick Service location. You can avoid this extra charge by ordering your meal to go.
7) Save Money
- Quick Service items can be ordered a la carte. If you don't want something that is part of a combo, skip it and save the difference in cost.
- Ghirardelli in Down Town Disney to enjoy some offers free chocolate samples.
- Club Cool in Epcot provides free sampling of 8 different soft drinks from around the world.
- Not sure about a certain menu item? Ask for a sample. Many Quick Service locations will happily provide a tasting size sample, free of charge.
- All Quick Service locations can provide you with a free cup of ice water
8) Snack Wisely
- If you opt for the dining plan, avoid using snack credits for drinks. Instead, use your refillable mug at the resort. No dining plan? Consider purchasing a Rapid Fill Refillable mug.
- Having a muffin or a bowl of fruit for breakfast will allow you to save money and time in the morning.
- Some snacks are even big enough to share...if you want to, that is.
9) Enjoy A Meal Off The Beaten Path
- Consider a ride on the monorail, to one of resort hotels for lunch or dinner. It's a great opportunity to get away from the parks, during peak hours. These Quick Service locations are also much quiter, which is a bonus.
- If you are renting a car, head over to BoardWalk or Downtown Disney for a meal. Both destinations offer outside seating, with beautiful views of the water.
10) Thanks For The Magic
- Disney is light years ahead of the curve when it comes to accommodating dietary restrictions. Make a cast member’s day magical by saying thanks!
- Stop by Guest Relations at the parks and let them know how thankful you are for all of their hard work. Be sure to bring up anyone who has given your vacation an extra sprinkling of pixie dust!
- You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to voice your appreciation.
Special Notes To Remember
- Bring Disney's dietary reference list with you to the parks
- Gluten Free meals are made to order so allow an extra 10-15 minute wait
- When in doubt, ask questions
- Consider sharing a meal. Disney portions are quite big
If you will be in the Orlando area in November, drop by the Food Allergy and Celiac Convention at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. This is a ticketed event and takes place on Saturday November 22nd 2014.
Pinterest FACC WDW
Facebook Food Allergy and Celiac Convention
About the Author
I'm Sandra and I write about my real life experiences in a sometimes not so Celiac friendly world.This includes those everyday adventures that coincide with being gluten-free. I also openly share all those ups and downs that come with living life free from gluten. Read more articles on my siteFollow on Twitter More Content by Gluten Free Doll